Be the one who took the trip…
The Way of St. Catherine of Siena
Be the one that took the trip…
There are lessons to be learned on the road that can’t be learned at home.
Putting yourself in another culture, another environment, away from the familiar has a way of opening your
heart, mind, and soul.
Walk an ancient path and explore your relationship with Jesus in a new way.
This trip is for you if…
- You’ve always wanted to travel to Italy but didn’t want to go alone.
- You’d love to combine your devotion to God and travel.
- You could never go on a one-size-fits-all tour.
- You’d rather walk the city streets than spend hours in a tour bus.
- You long for travel that feeds your soul.
- You want more than just a vacation – you want a traveling retreat!
This trip is NOT for you if…
- You need someone to carry your luggage.
- You don’t enjoy walking or taking public transportation.
- You’d rather not combine your faith and travel.
- You don’t want a small group of traveling companions.
- You’d rather stay in luxury hotels.
- You’d rather not have quiet time for prayer, journaling, and stillness.
May 16-25, 2019
Florence, Siena, Rome
- 10 days, 9 nights in Italy.
- Small group of 7 pilgrims.
- Monastery accommodations in the heart of the cities.
- Space for prayer, reflection, as well as exploration of the culture.
- Arrive in Florence. Spend 3 nights here, discovering the birthplace of the Renaissance. See the Duomo, the statue of David, Uffizi Gallery, Santa Croce, and tranquil gardens in the city. Exploring here will help us understand the world St. Catherine was born into.
- We travel to Siena for a 2-night stay, the birthplace of St. Catherine. Out in the beautiful Tuscan countryside, we will enjoy all that the region has to offer. We will see the places she worshipped, answered her call of service, and get a glimpse of her humble beginnings.
- Then, we catch a train to Rome, the Eternal City. With 4 nights here, we will have a spacious visit to the amazing sites that make this city a pilgrim destination for hundreds of years. We will see the Roman Forum, the Colosseum, Vatican City, and more. We will bike on the Appian Way. Take in all the breath-taking sites along the city streets.
- All breakfasts and one dinner. We will be out and about so you will be able to eat what you like, on your own budget.
- All ground transportation once you arrive at our Florence accommodations.
- Entrance to all sites.
- Daily retreat sessions to guide you in your inner pilgrimage.
- Travel Health Insurance (covers your time abroad, not travel to/from)
- Monthly Preparation Webinars from January to May.
Your pilgrimage starts from the moment you decide to go! We’ll be sure to come prepared to receive all the Lord has for us when we hit the ground. We will also get acquainted before our trip so we’ll be traveling with friends!
Double Occupancy: $2,497
Single Occupancy: $2,997
Hold your spot with
Only 4 Spots left!
St. Catherine of Siena, the first Doctor of the Church, used her influence to reform the religious establishment of her day. Walk the path of this fiery yet contemplative mystic.
Be inspired by her life as you travel in her footsteps. See the Duomo of Florence, the Basilica of San Domenico in Siena; Vatican City in Rome, and much more.
Find the daily rhythm of a pilgrim, mixing travel with devotion, taking the time to walk and pray, journal and be still.
Join a small group of devoted travelers who know you don’t have to walk 500 miles to be a pilgrim. This is not motor-coach travel. Instead, we’ve found a perfect mixture of simplicity and comfort. It’s a traveling retreat.
What others are saying…
Learning with Karelin helped me to stay centered and grounded in my faith during a period of fear and anxiety. With her guidance, I was equipped with tangible ways to focus my mind on God through various spiritual formation exercises.
Karelin is an excellent teacher, Spirit led, and attentive to participants.
– Tracie Ann
I really needed the time to be away from the daily routine and a time to be refreshed and restored to go back to what the Lord has called me to do. You need the break to draw closer to Jesus and to have dedicated time to hear His voice. It was so good to be with God’s people and enjoy laughing together!
© 2018 On Pilgrimage with Karelin James